The main thing that most new business owners want to know is how to get new clients. But before you do that, you must first know who your ideal client is, in order to help you best to deliver your marketing to attract the types of clients you want to work with.
It may surprise you to know that your ideal client is not everyone in your local area that owns a horse.... Read on for our top tips for identifying your ideal client.
1. Define your target market: Clearly define your target market by identifying the specific demographics, such as age, gender, income, and location of your ideal client.
2. Understand their needs and pain points: Understand the needs and pain points of your ideal client, this will help you to create services and solutions that meet their specific requirements.
3. Look at your current client base: Look at your current client base and identify patterns in their demographics, needs, and behaviours. This will help you to identify the characteristics of your ideal client.
4. Use data and research: Use data and research to identify your ideal client, this can be done through surveys, focus groups, and market research.
5. Ask for feedback: Ask your current clients for feedback on your services, this will help you to understand their needs and identify areas for improvement.
6. Consider the client's journey: Consider the client's journey, from their initial contact with your business to the end of their own or their horse's treatment, this will help you to understand their needs and preferences.
7. Test your assumptions: Test your assumptions about your ideal client by reaching out to potential clients and gathering feedback. This will help you to validate your findings and make any necessary adjustments.
8. Continuously evaluate: Continuously evaluate and update your understanding of your ideal client as your business and market evolves.
kristin & Emma
We've been practicing as human & equine physiotherapists for more years than we'd like to admit (it will show our age!)