Access to tailored, rider-specific exercise and advice from home!
This program has been developed to make our services more accessible and time efficient for you. Recent research has shown that tele-rehabilitation, in the form of exercise prescription and advice, can be just as effective in achieving positive outcomes in physical function and pain as face to face consultations with a physiotherapist.
How does it work?
- You will be asked to fill out a comprehensive assessment form online, which will provide your physiotherapist with information about your health, fitness and riding performance. You may also share video of your riding for the physiotherapist to review.
- Next a video call with your physiotherapist will allow for a more detailed assessment, discussion of your goals and planning of your exercise program.
- A tailored rehabilitation/performance program will be developed specifically for you and be delivered by online and app-based program, Physiapp.
- Through Physiapp, you will be able to record your progress and message your physiotherapist about any questions you may have.
- Should you wish to review or progress your program, you can book in for follow-up video consultations, in much the same you would attend in the clinic for subsequent appointments.
- If we feel that you would benefit from a face-to-face assessment with a physiotherapist, we will advise you of this during your consultation. If you are too far away to come to us, we are happy to communicate with your local physiotherapist to ensure a full team approach in your program.